The publication process at Uluslararası Türkoloji Araştırmaları ve İncelemeleri Dergisi (ULUTURKAD) is the basis of the improvement and dissemination of information objectively and respectfully. Therefore, the procedures in this process improve the quality of the studies. Peer-reviewed studies are the ones that support and materialize the scientific method. At this point, it is of utmost importance that all parties included in the publication process (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, reviewers and editors) comply with the standards of ethical considerations. ULUTURKAD expects all parties to hold the following ethical responsibilities.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The authors who submit their manuscripts to ULUTURKAD are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
- Author(s) must submit original studies to the journal. If they utilize or use other studies, they must make the in-text and end-text references accurately and completely.
- People who have not contributed to the study at the intellectual level should not be indicated as author.
- If the manuscripts submitted to be published are subject of conflicting interests or relations, these must be explained.
- During the review process of their manuscripts, author(s) may be asked to supply raw data. In such a case, author(s) should be ready to submit such data and information to the editorial board.
- Author(s) should document that they have the participants’ consent and the necessary permissions related with the sharing and research/analysis of the data that are used.
- Author(s) bears the responsibility to inform the editor of the journal or publisher if they happen to notice a mistake in their study which is in early release or publication process and to cooperate with the editors during the correction or withdrawal process.
- Authors cannot submit their studies to multiple journals simultaneously. Each submission can be made only after the previous one is completed. A study published in another journal cannot be submitted to ULUTURKAD.
- Author responsibilities given in a study (e.g., adding an author, reordering of author names) cannot be changed if the review process has begun.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editors
Editors are responsible for each study published in ULUTURKAD. In this respect, the editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Making efforts to meet the demand for knowledge from readers and authors,
- Ensuring the continuous development of the journal,
- Managing the procedures aimed to improve the quality of the studies published in the journal,
- Supporting intellectual freedom,
- Ensuring academic integrity,
- Following the procedures without making concessions on intellectual property rights and ethical standards,
- Being transparent and clear in issues that require correction or explanation.
Editors are supposed to protect the personal information related with the subjects or visuals in the studies being reviewed, and to reject the study if there is no documentation of the subjects’ consent. Furthermore, editors are supposed to protect the personal information of the authors, reviewers and readers.
Editors are obliged to comply with the policies of “Blind Review and Review Process” stated in the journal’s publication policies. Therefore, the editors ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair and timely manner.
Editors review the manuscript objectively and only in terms of its content and ensure that nationality, gender, religious and political beliefs, and economic apprehension do not influence the review.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
The fact that all manuscripts are reviewed through “Blind Review” has a direct influence on the publication quality. This process ensures confidentiality by objective and independent review. The review process at ULUTURKAD is carried out on the principle of double blind review. Reviewers do not contact the authors directly, and the reviews and comments are conveyed through the journal management system. In this process, the reviewer comments on the evaluation forms and full texts are assigned to the author(s) by the editor. In this context, the reviewers doing review work for ULUTURKAD are supposed to bear the following ethical responsibilities:
- agree to review only in their subject of expertise.
- review in an unbiased and confidential manner.
- inform the editor of the journal if they think that they encounter conflict of interests and decline to review the manuscript during the review process.
- dispose the manuscripts they have reviewed in accordance with the principle of confidentiality after the review process. Reviewers can use the final versions of the manuscripts they have reviewed only after publication.
- review the manuscript objectively and only in terms of its content and ensure that nationality, gender, religious and political beliefs, and economic apprehension do not influence the review.
- review the manuscript in a constructive and kind tone, avoid making personal comments including hostility, slander and insult.
- review the manuscript they have agreed to review on time and in accordance with the ethical rules stated above.